Friday, October 16, 2009

Elise and Company

By far, I enjoying taking photos of families the most. It's very interesting to watch their interactions with each other and the creative ways parents attempt to make their children happy during a photo shoot. When photographing kids, the parents and photographer do everything in their power to convince the children that they are enjoying themselves and to cooperate. From funny faces to bribery, the task is not easily conquered. Even the parents who don't believe in bribery somehow decide it might be a good idea, just this once. Here's the REAL truth; the kids make the decision as to when, how, and IF they are going to look at the camera, smile, and be an active participant in the shoot. Therefore, the joke is on us. That kind of makes me smile.
I'd like you to meet Elise. Elise is almost 2 1/2 years old, and keeps her parents, Paul and Kendra, very busy. During her photo shoot, Elise was definitely the one who decided when she would look at me and when she would smile. We had to be pretty creative with this little one. Mom and dad did lots of running around the park with her and I think that's exactly how she wanted it. Even if she had decided not to look at me the entire time during the shoot, the hour I spent watching her personality shine was enough.

Photobucket

Here she comes, right at me! I love it!

Photobucket

Proud parents, Paul & Kendra.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Since Elise decided not to look, Paul & Kendra decided to strike a pose.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I'm already looking forward to Elise's next photoshoot.

No comments: